shrI Hari Vayu Gurubhyo namaha
naivedya items & panchagnihotra yajna
I found this excellent link so I’m including the contents and the link here
Source: pATha, Hari Smarane mAdo nirantara –
Smt Vasantha Dwarakanath, Chandrika
Bhajane Mandali, Bangalore, TTD1996.
In Bhaghavath Geetha, Chapter 4- 12,
brahmArpaNaM brahma havirbrahmagnau brahmaNA hutaM |
brahmaiva tena gantavyaM brahmakarmasamAdhinA ||
He who knows that sacrificial articles (things offered) are Brahman, that
clarified butter (oblation) is Brahman, that Brahman is the fire, that
Brahman is the act of throwing the offerings into the fire & that Brahman is
the sacrifice along with meditation, is the only person that reaches Brahman
Bhaghavath Geetha Chapter 9- 27,
yatkaroShi yadshnAsi yajjuhoShi dadAsi yat.h |
yattapasyasi kaunteya tatkuruShva madarpaNaM ||
O Kunti’s son, whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer into
the fire, whatever you give, what austerities you practice, dedicate the
same as an offering to ME, (with a clear notion that you are not an
independent agent & that all acts are prompted by God & therefore they are
to be rendered to HIM.)
BHAGHAVATH ROOPA IN COOKING VESSELS:
1. Stoves used in cooking——–agneya namaha, bhArgavAya namaha
2. wooden sticks, coal etc…. used for cooking——vasantha, bhArghava
3. Vessels used for cooking———- vAruni, anantha
4. Plaintain leaf used during bhojana (eating)—————- Durga,
5. Ghee vessel————Saubarani, Datta
NITHYA TRUPTHANIGE AHAARA PADHARTHAGALANNU SIDDHAGOLISUVA NIRJARARU:
1. Annavannu: Sarasvathi
2. Tovveyannu- Sri devi
3. Bhakshyvannu- Chaturmukha Brahma devaru
4. ParamAnnavanu- Bharathi devi
5. Vegetables– Chandra
6. Making food– Sridevi is present. VishvAmbara nAmaka paramathma is
present within HER
7. A square patch (Mandala) is made with water on the floor & on top of
the Mandala, Plaintain leaf is kept &
Naivedya items served——Sribhudevi is present in the Mandala. Sri
Bhuvaraha paramathma is present within HER.
8. karmAbhimAniyAda puShkaranu does shuddhi to all naivedya items
9. Ganapathi & Sanath Kumar is present in the cloth which is put on top of
the naivedya items.
10. Sri devi is present in Tulasi which is put on the neivedya items.
11. While putting the neivedya, Vigneshwara is present in the screen.
Purusha nAmaka paramathma is present in Vigneshwara.
BHAGHAVATH ROOPA IN NAIVEDYA ITEMS:
3. Bhakshya(Sweet Dish)——-Surya——-Madhava
8. Curds——-Soma, Varuna——-Vamana
9. Bele (Dhal)——-Garuda——–Sridhara
10. Green leaves——-Mitra (Surya)——–Hrishikesha
12. Amla (Sour)———Gowri——–Damodara
15. Condiments (Chatni, Seasoning, flavor)—–Bruhaspathi——Pradyumna
16. Pungent (Bitter items)———Yama———Aniruddha
17. Asafoetida, Cardomom, mustard seeds, Kesari,
18. Fried items——–Jayantha———Adhokshaja
19. Sesame, Pumpkin———Daksha——–Narasimha
20. Items made from Blackgram——-Swayambhuva manu——–Achyuta
22. Fruits/juices———-Ahankaraka Prana———Upendra
23. Betel leaf——–Ganga————Hari
24. Swadoodaka (molasses, Syrup)——-Budha———Sri Krishna
BHAGHAVAT RUPA IN NAIVEDYA ITEMS (ABRIDGED)
Eatables (Savories & Sweet)——–Sankarshana
Thicktarasa (Bitter, perpeat)———Vasudeva
Sarvatra (in all items)————-Narayana
BHOJANA YAGNA KARTHANLLI BHAGAVANTHANA VYAPTHI
(A rough translation from Kannada)
1. Kapila nAmaka paramathma is seeing a person eating food.
2. Narahari nAmaka paramathma is in the nose smelling food.
3. Bharghava nAmaka paramathma is in the mouth.
4. Mathsya rupa paramathma is in the tougue tasting food
5. Hamsa nAmaka paramathma is in the teeth.
6. Hayagriva rupa paramathma is in the speech
7. Sankarshana Pradhyumna rupa paramathma gives the strength to swallow
8. Aniruddha-Narayana rupa paramathma is present & gives protection to
9. Sri vAsudevavannu gives some breathing space to the stomach after eating
10. In Annamaya kosha, Shanthipati Aniruddha is present in 8251 rupas
11. In Pranamaya kosha, Kritipathi Pradhyumna is present in 5543 rupas
12. In Manomaya kosha, Jayapathi Shankarshana is present in 5, 62,107
13. In VignyAyamaya kosha, mAyapathi vAsudeva is present in 4374 rupas
14. In Anandhamaya kosha, Lakshmi pathi Narayana is present in 5125 rupas.
BHOJANAVIDHI (PANCHAGNIHOTRA YAJNA)
( SOURCES TAKEN FROM above SOURCE written in Kannada & Sadachara Sangraha
(collection of dailly rituals like devara puje, sandhyavandane etc… &
festivals in a year with explanations in English, published by Sri Krishna
Sri Raghavendra Trust, Unit of Sri Pejawara matha by Vidwan T Vishnumurthy
**This procedure should be done by Brahmachari, Grahasthas only**
Make a square patch (Mandala) with water, place plantain leaf on it, pour
ghee on it, serve all dishes & rice, pour ghee, place five Tulasi on leaf,
chant Om bhurbhuvasvah, sprinkle theertha on rice, pour water in palm,
chant during daytime * Satyantvartena Parisincami * &
during night time * R^itantva Satyena Parisincami * & pour water around
place some rice on right side of leaf five times chanting
Chitraya (sUrya) namaha, ChitraguptAya (chandra) namaha, yamaaya namaha,
yamadharmAya namaha, sarvebhyo bhutebhyo namaha.
Pour some water on fingers &
push the offerings away (visarjane). Show tArkshya & dhenu mudra to the
naivedya (to remove poison, if any, and to make the food nectar– like
antashcharati bhUteShu guhAyAM sarvatomukhaH |
tvaM yaGYaH tvaM vaShaT.hkArastvaM viShNuH puruShaH paraH ||
Chant above mantra touching the neivedya, pour theertha with Tulasi into
palm, with the ringfinger & thumb of the left hand touching the leaf. Take
theertha after thinking of Govinda (chant “Sri ramaa ramana Govinda,
(The theertha should be given by brahmana. If not, wife. Left had should
not be used for pouring theertha).
There are panchaagni in a our body. In the mouth, Avahani agni
(praNa), in the Hrudaya, gArhaspathya (apaNa), in the navel, dhakshinAgni (vyANa), in the right side of the navel, sharabhi agni (udANa), & in the left part of the navel avasharabi agni (samaNa)
VaishvAnara nAmaka paramaathma controls these pancha agni & ever present
in the body.
prANAya svAhA: Use thumb, index or point & middle fingers to pick rice from the EASTERN side & swallow with tulasi Mukhyaprana named Surya is the presiding deity in the eyes (Chakshus) & he is also called Prana.
Concentrate on Dhyu nAmaka Bharathi ramana prANAntargata Shanthi pati
Aniruddha bhinna praana naamaka VaishvAnarAya namaha & chant prANAya
apAnAya svAhA: Use thumb, middle & ring finger to pick rice from SOUTHERN side & swallow with Tulasi. Mukhyaprana named Vahni, also known as Apana presides over the faculty of speech(vAk). Concentrate on pR^ithvi nAmaka Bharathi Ramana apANAnthargata kritipati pradhyumnA bhinna apANa nAmaka VaishvAnarAya namaha & chant apAnAya svAhA
vyAnAya svAhA: Use thumb, ring & little finger to pick rice from WESTERN side. Mukhyaprana named Chandra also known as Vyana presides over the ears (Srothra). Concentrate on Dhik nAmaka bhArathi Ramana vyAnAnthargata Jaya pati Shankarshana bhinna vyANa nAmaka VaishvAnarAya namaha & chant vyANa svAha
udAnAya svAhA: Use thumb, index or point & little fingers to pick rice from the NORTHERN portion.
Mukhyaprana named vAyu is known as udAnA presides over the akAsha
(space). Concentrate on vAnk nAmaka Bharathi Ramana udANAntargata mAyApati vAsudevA bhinna udANA nAmaka VaisvAnarAya namaha & chant udAnAya svAhA
samAnAya svAhA: Use all fingers to pick rice from the CENTRAL portion (Mukhyaprana named Indra also known as samAna presides over the mind (manas). Concentrate on Vidyuth nAmaka bharathi ramana samANanthargata lakshmipathi nArAyanabinna nAmaka VaishvAnarAya namaha & chant samAnAya svAhA
brahmane svAha: In addition to these 5 agnis (panchagni), the body has jaTharAgni (the digestive fire of the stomach, the gastric juice) again pick rice in the CENTER with all 5 fingers. Concentrate on Bharathi Ramana
Mukhya prANAntargata BrahmA bhinna (AthmAbhinna) VaishvAnarAya namaha & chant Om brahmane svAha.
Lastly, concentrate on 24 Kesavadhi rupas plus Vaishva,
Taijasa, prAgnya, Turya, Athma, AntharAthma, paramAthma, gyAnAthma (8 nAmAs)
with the total of 32 bhaghavat rupas & take 32 spoons (kannada word-
thutthu) & eat food.
Meditating on Lord Govinda, partake of neividhya. AmrtApidhAnamasisvAha.
Chant above mantra, take some water poured by brahmana (if not, wife) into
palm & sip it.
(The 5 Ahutis i.e. prana, apana, vyana, udana, samana is mentioned in
ChAndogya upanishads, Purusha Suktha, Taithtriyopanishads &
Harikathamruthasara Chapter 4-1 in detail)
While eating, Bhaghavath naama smarane:
1. ParamAnnavanu——-Kritipati Pradhyumna
2. Anna——-mAyApati vAsudeva
3. Vegetables——–vAmana, Dhanvanthari
4. Tovve (Dhal), Huli etc…———- GarudAruda nArAyana
5. BakshagaLannu——–Jayapati Sankarshana
6. Butter, Ghee———–Shantipati Aniruddha, tAndava Krishna
7. Fried dishes, oil——–Vaikuntapati Venkatesha
10. While drinking water———-Vishnu
11. For every spoon of food————- Always chant Govinda Govinda
raurave.a puNyanilaye padmArbudanivAsinAM |
arthinAmudakaM tattamaxayyamupatiShThatu ||
A small portion of all dishes except ghee & pAyasa, should be set aside on
the leaf during the meal. After sipping theertha at the end, pick up the
remains & place them on the left side of the leaf & pour some water on it,
chanting above mantra. Wash hands & legs, perform achamana four times.
idamannaM pavitraM syAtpAnIyaM chAtipAvanaM |
bhuktapItavishudhdyarthaM hareH pAdodakaM pibet.h ||
Chanting above mantra, sip theertha once.
bhojanAnantaraM viShNorarpitaM tulasIdalaM|
Chanting above mantra, sip theertha once & swallow three tulasi leaves.
bhAratIramaNamukhyaprANA.ntargata shri kR^iShNArpanamastu